If you want to flip your own pancakes this Pancake Day, here’s the recipe for making the perfect Shrove Tuesday treat.
- 100g plain flour
- Two large eggs
- 300ml milk
- One of tablespoon sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying lemon wedges to serve (optional)
- Caster sugar, to serve (optional)
- Put the flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter. Set aside for 30 minutes to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan or crepe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper. When hot – adults may need to take charge here – cook your pancakes for one minute on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- Serve with lemon wedges and sugar or your favourite filling. Once cold, you can layer the pancakes between baking parchment, then wrap in cling film and freeze for up to two months.
Recipe from Good Food Magazine, February 2014